We accept bulky rigid plastics for recycling at our Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station.
These plastics are not accepted in our curbside blue bin recycling program. See plastics accepted in blue bins.
What items are accepted for recycling as bulky rigid plastic?
Our bulky rigid plastic drop-off accepts items including:
- toys (no batteries, wood or wires)
- playhouses and swimming pools
- large buckets
- milk/soda crates
- landscape items (edging, trays, etc.)
- laundry baskets
- lawn furniture
- closet organizers
- dish drainers
- tote boxes and lids
- drums (food grade only; no chemical containers)
- pet carriers
- flower pots and trays (clean, no soil or plant material)
- large water bottles (5-gallon or larger)
- garbage cans/waste baskets
- recycling bins
- plastic automotive parts
- examples include plastic bed liners, grills and hubcaps
- traffic signs
- composite lumber products
- car seats and booster seats - see more on car seat disposal and reuse
- clothes hangers
How do I prepare plastics for drop-off?
All items dropped off for bulky rigid plastics recycling should be
- rinsed, if necessary
- free of loose soil and other debris
What items are not accepted for recycling?
Among the items we cannot accept with either rigid plastics or as curbside blue bin materials are: