We accept cans and tins
What cans and tins are accepted?
- all metal food, beverage, and pet food cans
- tins from cookies, fruit cakes, popcorn, and similar items
- aerosol cans from non-hazardous products
- Examples include whipped topping, spray cooking oil, deodorant, hair spray, shaving cream
For larger metal items, see our scrap metal instructions.
How do you prepare your cans and tins?
Rinse all containers. Then, place them into your recycling bin.
|If your can has this lid type
|handle the lid this way
|attached metal lid
|Tuck the lid inside the can. Then, place the can into your recycling bin.
|detached metal lid
|If possible, put the detached lid into the can, and squeeze the can opening to trap the lid inside. Then, place the can into your recycling bin.
Otherwise, place the detached, loose lid into your recycling bin along with the can.
|Place the lid into your recycling bin along with the can.
What cans and tins are not accepted?
We cannot accept for recycling aerosol or other cans that have held automotive or hazardous products.
- If the cans are completely empty, place them into your regular household trash.
- If the cans have remaining hazardous products in them, bring them to our Household Hazardous Waste drop-off.